Checking your phone every other minute to see how much time is left before the end of class? No judgment! We all sometimes find ourselves at the point when a lesson feels unbearable.
Of course, the best way to use the lesson time is to get new knowledge. However, you can do other things as well, for example, complete your homework for other classes.
Our team has come up with different ways of biding class time with benefits. Check them below!
- 🥱 Staying Awake in a Class
- 🔥 What to Do When Bored in Class – TOP Ideas
- 📙 Things to Do: Alone or with Friends
- 💻 What to Do in Online Class
- 🖌️ What to Draw in a Boring Class
- 🧑🎓 How to Not Be Bored in Class
🥱 How to Stay Awake in a Boring Class
We’ll deliver a custom paper tailored to your requirements. We'll even cut 15% OFF your first order! Use discount
First, let’s figure out how to not fall asleep during an extremely boring class.
- Fulfill some of the assignments on your list.
- Practice a new language.
- Text someone – a friend or relative.
- Check out what’s new on Instagram.
- Play a fun game on your phone.
- Read a book – it never gets old!
- Write down your current thoughts and ideas.
- Talk to a classmate next to you.
- Draw something nice.
- Post on your social media.
- Leave the class for fresh air.
- Do a little clean-up.
- Make some DIY.
- Observe your classmates and create their psychological portraits.
- Write a poem.
🔥 The Best Things to Do When Bored in Class
Revise a poem for the next class or finish your literature essay.
- Check out some new entertaining apps.
- Check on your mom via a text message.
- Relax your brain a bit and just scroll through the Instagram feed. But don’t abuse!
- Get through the game level if you play any.
- Discuss the latest news with your classmate.
- Draw a couple of sketches.
- Check out your content plan if you run an Instagram or other blog.
- Read some new tweets on Elon Musk’s Twitter page.
- Take a walk to get some water or a snack.
- Make your stationary case tidy, and clean it up with a tissue.
- Write a fancy synopsis of a teacher’s lecture.
- Draw inspiring and colorful pictures or doodles.
- Come up with the activities for your next weekend.
- Create your wheel of life to check what you are lacking.
📙 What to Do When You’re Bored in Class
Our Experts can deliver a custom essay for a mere 13.00 11.05/page Learn more
Here are the activities for you when you are alone, with your friends, or if you have your laptop with you.
- Use the class time to structure your to-do list for the next day, week, or month.
- Have a little meditation session: focus on your breath, slow it down, and count.
- Create your bucket list.
- Think of things you are grateful for in your life.
- Plan your next trip to a nice place.
- Make up a new culinary recipe.
- Remember the last book you read and do a review.
- Review a movie you’ve watched recently.
- Review the possible side hustle options.
- Write out your most tough fears and think about how you can overcome those.
- Imagine who you want to become in the future.
- Make a playlist of your favorite songs.
- Make a temporary tattoo.
- Decorate your laptop and belongings with fancy stickers.
- Create your secret language.
- Create a book recommendation list.
- Think up a better ending for the “Game of Thrones.”
- Water the plants in a classroom.
- Make up your list of the best movies you have ever seen.
- Brainstorm the ideas for the school play.
- Think of some start-ups you could launch together.
- Play a board game.
- Play an online game together.
- Exchange your ideas about the projects that you have to run.
- Share your learning tips and experience.
- Plan your joint trip for the upcoming weekend.
- Brainstorm the ideas for improving the ecological situation in your city.
- Think together about the ways of engaging bored pupils in the classroom activity.
- Entertain yourself by sharing the best moments.
- Think about the names of your potential rock band.
- Play a word game.
- Share your plans for the future.
- Play “2 truths, one lie.”
- Write a funny story together.
- Exchange your phones and post stories from your friend’s phone.
- Rate each other’s outfits.
- Jot down ideas for a talent show at school.
- Recollect the funniest stories.
- Give each other compliments.
- Watch some fun or educational videos.
- Prepare a stylish presentation for your next class.
- Finish writing your essay.
- Write some notes – release your stream of consciousness.
- Make up a small story to share with someone later.
- Make up a compilation of the hilarious Reddit posts.
- Get yourself enrolled in an online course.
- Watch a movie.
- Explore the best resources for study and make a list.
- Delete unnecessary pictures, apps, and documents from your laptop.
- Upload a new app or software.
- Wipe the keyboard and the screen with a wet wipe.
- Try yourself as a writer and publish a short story.
- Add some new pins on Pinterest.
- Create a new character in Sims or Minecraft.
- Try to create your NFT collection.
- Sort out your email box.
- Update the software.
- Learn some photoshop basics.
- Create a mood board with fancy pictures and inspirational quotes.
💻 What to Do When You Are Bored in Online Class
On-Time Delivery! Receive your plagiarism-free paper done in only 3 hours Learn more
Keeping yourself focused in online classes is even more challenging than in regular ones. You always have this urge to start doing something else.
However, online classes can be exhausting and tedious. Let’s see how you can fix it:
- Feed your lovely pet.
- Make yourself a delicious cup of coffee.
- Or cook a healthy snack!
- You can also clean up your room.
- Probably, your laptop and phone need a little digital cleaning, too.
- Try to listen to your classmates and write down some good thoughts.
- Create a cute painting.
- Help your mom with the housework.
- Make a list of your best memories.
- Play with your cat or dog – they probably lack your attention.
- Create a vision board.
- Do a little stretching session.
- Sort out the books on your bookshelf.
- Change the user picture in Zoom.
- Try a new yoga position.
- Explore the universities you would like to enter when you finish school.
- Rearrange the furniture in your room.
- Do some online shopping.
- Put on a refreshing face mask.
- Write a letter to yourself from the future.
- Do your skincare routine.
- Do a workout to cheer yourself up.
- Try a new background in Zoom.
- Sort out your closet and make new outfits.
- Change the wallpaper on your iPad.
- Clean up your sneakers.
- Write a list of goals for the next month.
- Paint your nails.
🖌️ Things to Draw When Bored in Class
A great way to stop being bored in a class is to direct your energy into creativity. Even if you have never been into art before, it might be your chance to try.
Here are the things you can draw when bored during the lesson:
- Create a vision board of the most desirable things.
- Make a mood board in your sketchbook or a laptop.
- Create funny and cute comics sketches.
- Try to work on your handwriting and master calligraphy.
- Doodles can also be an option.
- Draw your teacher’s portrait.
🧑🎓 How to Not Be Bored in Class
In the end, we would highly recommend not getting distracted during a class and following your teacher’s words. Here’re suggestions on how not to be bored in a class:
- Let’s say you are in the math class. Think about the things you cannot embrace and ask your teacher to explain them to you.
- Motivate yourself: the knowledge that can seem useless can save your life one day.
- Even in a massive load of information, you can find something useful for you.
- Try to switch to a more conscious perception level and practice deep and value listening.
- Before entering the class, create the inner intention: what new you should and can learn today.
Of course, each subject and class can’t be exciting. However, try to appreciate the time you spend learning. And if you master the skill of excerpting use out of the information you receive, you’ll be a great success in life.
Our expert team is ready to help you with any school challenge 24/7!
If you're falling asleep in class, excuse yourself to walk to the bathroom and back. Even a short walk can wake you up. Take the stairs on your way to class. It can get your heart rate up and make you feel more alert.How do you stay awake in a boring class? ›
- Bring a water bottle to class.
- Sit at the front of the class.
- Be active.
- Take deep breaths.
- Chew gum/bring a snack.
- Go to bed early.
- Get some exercise before class.
- Keep a good posture.
- Incorporate Mystery Into Your Lessons.
- Don't Repeat Classroom Material.
- Create Classroom Games.
- Give Your Students Choices.
- Use Technology.
- Don't Take Teaching so Seriously.
- Make Your Lessons Interactive.
- Relate Material to Your Students' Lives.
- 1 Listen actively and take notes.
- 2 Interact in class and ask questions.
- 3 Illustrate your notes.
- 4 Complete your homework for another class.
- 5 Organize and create a to-do list.
- 6 Doodle in the margins of your notebook.
- 7 Read something interesting.
- 8 Engage in some creative writing.
If you're falling asleep in class, excuse yourself to walk to the bathroom and back. Even a short walk can wake you up. Take the stairs on your way to class. It can get your heart rate up and make you feel more alert.Why do I get sleepy in boring classes? ›
A new paper published in the journal Nature Communications finds that a part of the brain that is associated with motivation and pleasure - the nucleus accumbens - also can produce sleep. The new findings may explain why we have the tendency to fall asleep in the absence of motivating stimuli, i.e., when bored.How do you survive school without sleep? ›
- Take a shower. ...
- Use natural stimulants. ...
- Sit straight. ...
- Be active. ...
- Drink water. ...
- Breathe deeply. ...
- Try to move your body. ...
- Chew gum.
- Tips to Focus your. Attention in Class.
- Prepare before class. Preparing before class can help you understand the material better.
- Get a minimum of 8 hours sleep. Fatigue makes it really hard to concentrate in class. ...
- Get moving. ...
- Sit near the front. ...
- Turn off your phone. ...
- Participate. ...
- Take notes.
- Create a new challenge. I think this is by far the best thing on the list, but you may differ. ...
- Pursue your next job. ...
- List your life goals. ...
- Read Zen Habits. ...
- Declutter your workspace. ...
- Pursue a hobby. ...
- Make your work a game. ...
- Educate yourself.
- Find a friend in the class. Spend the class thinking of good stuff to talk about after class, as you're leaving.
- Try to find something about the subject to enjoy as well. If it's history, sit through the boring stuff about legislation to get to the juicy stuff about battles.
Without enough rest, teens are more likely to suffer from the cognitive, behavioral, and physical effects of sleep deprivation that are detrimental to school performance.Why can't I stay awake in class? ›
Falling asleep in class is often caused by sleep debt. Sleep debt is what you accrue when the quality (or quantity) of your sleep isn't sufficient to your need. This is usually because of inadequate time spent sleeping, but may also be due to subconscious sleep interruptions.Is falling asleep in class ADHD? ›
College students with ADHD tend to fall asleep in class as well as pull all-nighters more frequently than others. Even though most people need 7-9 hours of sleep to function their best, sleep issues come with the territory of ADHD.How can I force myself to stay awake? ›
- Get up and move around to feel awake. ...
- Take a nap to take the edge off sleepiness. ...
- Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue. ...
- Eat a healthy snack to boost energy. ...
- Start a conversation to wake up your mind. ...
- Turn up the lights to ease fatigue. ...
- Take a breather to feel alert.
- Sit straight. By simply sitting straight, one can feel more energized throughout the day, especially when in class. ...
- Sit straight. One of the easiest ways to stay awake in class is by being active. ...
- Drink water. ...
- Breathe deeply. ...
- Try to move your body. ...
- Chew gum. ...
- Open the window. ...
- Splash water on your face.
The fact is that napping in class is neither an intended insult to the teacher or an indicator of the level of interest a student has for a subject.